February 5, 2020

2020 Vision

Groundhog's Day - 2000: A One Act Play

(Two young men talking in front of a video store, each with movies in their hands.)


Guy: "Stan, I had this dream last night. It was, like, so, so, so
weird. It was so...just, I don't know even know how to explain it.

Stan: "Well just do it so I can get on with my life."

Guy: "So, I'm watching the State of the Union Address."

Stan: "That's dumb."

Guy: "And Donald Trump is President!"

Stan: "Also dumb."

Guy: "And he's just been impeached for trying to shake down Ukraine for dirt on one of his
presidential rivals. But the Senate is going to acquit him, so he doesn't even care."

Stan: "Is that near Bosnia?"

Guy: "I don't know. And during the speech he keeps talking about how everything is better than it's ever been, the economy is great, unemployment for everyone and their pets are at historic lows, and then, all of a sudden, he just tells his wife to put the medal of freedom on Rush Limbaugh!

Stan: "How many beers did you even drink?"

Guy: "I don't know man, but it was a trip! And  he's talking to a guy from Venezuela, just talking to him from the podium, and then he's teleporting soldiers into the room and handing out tuition waivers to some kid. I kept trying to wake up, I was like, 'please, seriously, this dream is so weird.' But before I could wake up he ends his speech some real angry looking lady behind him just rips up his speech like a five-year-old!"

Stan: "Your dreams are so dumb, man. Hey, do you want to go uptown and buy some more Pokemon cards?"

Guy: "No, dude, those are just a fad."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts