March 4, 2015

Wrestle

As my son and I came to a gliding stop at the bottom of the hill, a puff of snow fell off a nearby branch.  Despite all the white around us, despite the chill and the wet in our gloves, I was reminded that winter was actually almost over.

Another winter over.

Another season spent.

After a long morning of trying to get all our taxes in order and the house cleaned and laundry put away, I was again reminded to slow down.

Be patient.

Smile at my children growing up like magic before my eyes.

Later that afternoon we all went back outside to play in the snow.  We just kind of hung out for a while, all bundled up, throwing snowballs.

The girls went in, and we wrestled in the snow until we just couldn't handle the cold in our gloves any more.

We wrestled out in the backyard until dusk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts