May 13, 2012

A Few Things I Love about My Mom

-When I was learning to ride a bike, and I fell down, repeatedly, she insisted I keep trying until I figured it out.

-  When I was twelve and wanted to visit a friend who lived all the way across the country, she let me get in that plane, all by myself, and spend a week away.  Now, as a parent, I have an inkling as to how difficult that was.

- The intricately decorated sugar cookies that show up at every holiday.

-  Her sleepy presence almost every time I crept into the house, regardless of how late it was, because she couldn't fall asleep until we were all safe at home.

-  Her high expectations.

-  Her willingness to baby sit my two energetic children overnight.

-  All the Star Wars toys that she did not throw out after they were no longer used.

-  All her prayers, silent and spoken, that have surrounded me all my days.

Thank you, mom.

Happy Mother's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts